Daily Reef Reports
|Monday - 20th May 2013|
|Water Temperature||26 °|
|Underwater Visibility||10 m|
|View More Reef Report Information|
Cairns Scuba Diving and Snorkeling Reef Tours - Tusa Dive T6
Cairns based, TUSA Dive are the day tour scuba diving and snorkelling specialists to the Great Barrier Reef. With more than 25 years experience in taking visitors to the reef, TUSA Dive strive to make your Cairns reef tour as memorable, educational and exciting, as it is possible to be.
Cruise to the Great Barrier Reef in style aboard T6, Cairns' newest reef trip boat. Enjoy up to 5 hours at 2 reef locations incl lunch and reef talk.
- MORE INFO
Discover scuba diving and spend some time under the water with our marine friends by booking an introductory dive. No experience necessary.
- MORE INFO
Tusa Dive are one of the only operators to offer guided or unguided Great Barrier Reef scuba diving from Cairns. Choose between 1, 2 or 3 dives. Equipment available.
- MORE INFO
ABOUT THE REEF
The Great Barrier Reef is the largest coral reef system in the world, composed of over 2,900 individual reefs and 900 islands stretching for 2,600 km (1,600 mi) along the coast of Queensland, in Australia's Coral Sea. Labeled as one of the 7 natural wonders of the world, and a World Heritage listed region, visitors come from the all over the planet to visit this incredible icon... Our Great Barrier Reef.
Experienced scuba divers and snorkellers alike can travel to the outer reefs in ultimate comfort on board Cairns' newest and best reef day boat, the TUSA 6. Launched in August 2011, the 24m TUSA 6 was custom designed for Great Barrier Reef cruising, cairns diving and snorkelling, and each day visits two unique reef locations from Tusa's choice of 16 spectacular dive and snorkel sites.
Tusa Dive's professional and friendly dive crew are on hand throughout the day to assist you in ever way, and can provide education for snorkeling, first time "introductory scuba diving" (PADI Discover Scuba course), PADI & SSI Referral Courses, and PADI Open Water courses.
For divers looking for more than a day trip, multi-day scuba packages are available for day touring and Tusa 6's big sister, the Spirit of Freedom provides 3 to 7 day liveaboard diving expeditions to the iconic dive destinations of the Cod Hole and Osprey Reef in the Coral Sea.
TUSA Dive and Spirit of Freedom are proud to be accredited as an Advanced Ecotourism Operator - the highest eco certification attainable in Australia, and are committed to providing a service that reflects our responsibility to contribute to the conservation of our Great Barrier Reef Marine Park and pass on this rich heritage to future generations. Our visitors have the opportunity to learn about and appreciate our marine environment.
Climate Change is presenting stresses on the marine environment including warming sea temperatures and ocean acidification. TUSA Dive and Spirit of Freedom are acting to reduce its emissions and tackling Climate Change by:
- Minimising waste and recycling where possible
- Purchasing environmentally sustainable products whenever possible
- Measuring and tracking our Carbon Footprint with an emissions calculator
- Choosing to purchase 10% of our electricity as Clean Energy or Green Power produced from renewable energy sources
- Renewing and servicing our vessels to maintain optimum fuel efficiency
- Not using toxic anti-foul and manually cleaning the hulls
- Equipping our vessels with a 2 stage treatment plants for waste waterv
- Participating in Great Barrier Reef monitoring programs such as Reef Health Impact Surveys, Eye on the Reef, BleachWatch (Coral Bleaching) and COTS Watch (Crown of Thorns Starfish)
- Encouraging our visitors to participate in tackling Climate Change in their own environment