4 Day PADI Open Water Course
What better way to learn to dive than in the clear, warm waters of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef! This 4 Day PADI Open Water course is comprised of two days pool & theory training at a modern training facility, followed by 2 x one day trips onboard Tusa 6 to the Great Barrier Reef. This course will return you to the comforts of your hotel each night, while you experience the best of the outer reef dive sites. And if you have friends or family with you, they can join you on board the Tusa Dive day tour to the reef on the last two days of your course.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- 4 Full Days
- Days 1 & 2: Pro Dive Cairns | Days 3 & 4: T6 Cairns’ Great Barrier Reef
- Ability to Swim | Medical Clearance (if required) | Must be over 12 year
- $745 course cost + $20 reef levy = $765 AUD
- PADI Open Water Certification
- PADI certification costs, manuals
- Dive Log Book, 2 passport photos
- Return accommodation transfers on day 1 & 2.
- All scuba equipment
- 4 Open Water Training dives on board Tusa 6
- 2 Additional pleasure dives on board Tusa 6
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea (on days 3 + 4 only)
- Days 1 & 2: 8am (approx.) pick up from accommodation. Air-conditioned classroom learning and training sessions in a heated pool during the day. Lunch break provided (lunch is at your own expense). Return to accommodation at approx. 5.30pm
- Days 3 & 4: 8am depart Cairns’ Marlin Marina on T6 heading for the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Total of 6 dives over 2 days. The first 3 dives (day 3) are training dives. The first dive on day 4 is your final training dive and then 2 pleasure dives as a certified diver. Morning tea and lunch is provided on both days. T6 returns to Cairns at around 4.15pm both days.
- Days 1 & 2: Lunch at your own expense + Dive Medical (if required)
- Days 3 & 4: Transfers from your accommodation to Cairns’ Marlin Marina. $15 per person per day for Cairns hotels. $20 per person per day for Northern Beaches hotels.
PRICES - Valid 01 April 2017 to 31 March 2018
- Child Age. On snorkel rate only age 4 – 14 inclusive. 0-3 years travel free.
- Child Age. Children must remain under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. Full adult rate applies for children partaking in scuba diving. A minimum 12 years is required for Introductory Diving and 10 years for Certified Diving. Written parental consent is required. Under 18 year old certified divers must dive with a parent or guardian (certified diver) or purchase the guided dive option.
- *Reef Levy. A per person charge comprised of a $6.50 EMC fee to all passengers entering the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, $1.10 port charge, and $2.90 in administrative fees and GST.
- Fuel Levy. With the fluctuation of world fuel prices it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge, which would be a pay onboard levy. This website will advise if any charge is applicable with a minimum 7 days notice.
- Cancellations. There is no charge for cancellations with 24 hours notice. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice.
- Conditions. Trips are subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled at the discretion of Tusa Dive. Alternative days or refunds will be offered in the event of cancellations by Tusa Dive, however Tusa Dive reserve the right to use other vessels should Tusa 6 be unavailable for any reason. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice. Pricing is in AUD inclusive of GST, valid 1 April 2017 – 31st March 2018.
- Smokers please note: TUSA 6 is a non-smoking vessel.