2 Day PADI Open Water Referral Course
What better way to complete your dive training than in the clear, warm waters of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef! If you have already completed the pool & theory component of your PADI dive course, Tusa Dive can complete your dive training with our two day PADI Open Water Referral Courses.
The course requires you to join the Tusa Dive day trip for two day tours in order to complete your four required open water training dives and acquire your PADI Open Water Certification. As a bonus you will also enjoy two pleasure dives, during your two day trips. Each day you will visit two unique outer reef destinations, selected as the days best for the weather conditions. You may be required to do a little further training on the way to the reef, and upon arrival you will take your training dives with one of Tusa’s experienced PADI Instructors.
- Mondays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- 2 full days
- T6 Cairns’ Outer Great Barrier Reef
- Proof of your completion of the Theory component of the course | Ability to Swim | Medical Clearance (if required) | Must be over 12 years of age
- $720 AUD
- 2 x day trips with Tusa Dive
- 4 PADI Open water training dives + 2 pleasure dives
- PADI certification costs
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea each day
- All scuba equipment
- Days 1 & 2: 8am depart Cairns’ Marlin Marina on T6 heading for the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Total of 6 dives over 2 days. The first 3 dives (day 1) are training dives. The first dive on day 2 is your final training dive and then 2 pleasure dives as a certified diver. Morning tea and lunch is provided on both days. T6 returns to Cairns at around 4.15pm both days.
- 2 x passport photos
- Dive Medical (if required)
- Days 1 & 2: Transfers from your accommodation to Cairns’ Marlin Marina. $15 per person per day for Cairns hotels. $20 per person per day for Northern Beaches hotels.
What you need to bring with you
- Your ‘Referral’ paperwork, as issued by the Dive Instructor who completed your pool and theory.
- Medical Clearance if required.
- 2 x passport photos.
- Swimmers, hat, towel, sunscreen, change for soft drinks .
PRICES: Valid 1 July 2018 – 31 March 2019
- Child Ages: 0-3 years travel free. Child snorkel rate applies to ages 4-16 inclusive. Children must remain under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. A minimum 12 years is required for Introductory Diving and 10 years for Certified Diving. Written parental consent is required. Certified divers aged under 18 must dive with a parent or guardian who is a certified diver.
- Locals Discount: Please call us on 4047 9100 for Locals Deals or enter promo code ‘CNSLOCALS’ when booking online. Locals rates for Cairns locals only. All travellers will be required to show local photo ID on boarding, or you will be charged the difference in price onboard.
- Reef Levy: All prices include a per person Environmental Management Charge that contributes to management and protection of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- Fuel Levy: With the fluctuation of world fuel prices it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge, which would be a pay onboard levy. This website will advise if any charge is applicable with a minimum 7 days notice.
- Cancellations: There is no charge for cancellations with 24 hours notice. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice.
- Conditions: Trips are subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled at the discretion of Tusa Dive. Alternative days or refunds will be offered in the event of cancellations by Tusa Dive, however Tusa Dive reserve the right to use other vessels should Tusa 6 be unavailable for any reason. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice. Pricing is in AUD inclusive of GST, valid 1 July 2018 – 31 March 2019.
- Smokers please note: TUSA 6 is a non-smoking vessel.