Snorkelling Cairns' Great Barrier Reef with Tusa
Picture yourself snorkelling over magical reef gardens where the coral is pristine and the water is stunningly clear!! Snorkelling Cairns Great Barrier Reef is a trip of a lifetime, so do it with the experts.
Tusa Dive have a selection of 16 unique dive and snorkel locations on the Outer Reefs for you to explore. While the divers explore the walls and depths, you’ll be gliding over the reef tops, mesmerised by the vivid colours of the fish as they dart in and out of the corals and anemones.
You’ll be provided with top ‘diver’ quality masks and snorkels, booties and fins. Wetsuits, and/or lycra suits are provided for all, depending on the season, and for those who like a little extra buoyancy in the water, our ‘noodles’, or snorkel vests will help to keep you safely above the coral.
Our dedicated snorkel guide will teach you the best snorkelling techniques for viewing the spectacular coral gardens. Enjoy the freedom of snorkelling with your buddy or join our free guided snorkeling tour. The snorkelling is straight off the back of our boat, with the reef never more than a short swim away.
Snorkelling can be a strenuous activity and there are risks associated with certain medical conditions. To have a safe and enjoyable day we ask that you:
- Know your own ability and snorkel/swim accordingly
- Use a flotation device to reduce your physical exertion in the water
- Snorkel with a buddy or part of a guided tour
- Stay close to supervising staff or boat and signal if you need help
PRICES - Valid 01 APRIL 2017 to 30 JUNE 2018
- ANNUAL REFIT. Please note Tusa Dive T6 will not operate from 11th June to 15th June 2018 as she will be out of the water for her annual refit.
- EXTENDED 17/18 RATES. Please note we have extended our 17/18 rates till 30th June 2018.
- Child Age. On snorkel rate only age 4 – 14 inclusive. 0-3 years travel free.
- Child Age. Children must remain under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. Full adult rate applies for children partaking in scuba diving. A minimum 12 years is required for Introductory Diving and 10 years for Certified Diving. Written parental consent is required. Under 18 year old certified divers must dive with a parent or guardian (certified diver) or purchase the guided dive option.
- *Reef Levy. A per person charge comprised of a $6.50 EMC fee to all passengers entering the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, $1.10 port charge, and $2.90 in administrative fees and GST.
- Fuel Levy. With the fluctuation of world fuel prices it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge, which would be a pay onboard levy. This website will advise if any charge is applicable with a minimum 7 days notice.
- Cancellations. There is no charge for cancellations with 24 hours notice. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice.
- Conditions. Trips are subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled at the discretion of Tusa Dive. Alternative days or refunds will be offered in the event of cancellations by Tusa Dive, however Tusa Dive reserve the right to use other vessels should Tusa 6 be unavailable for any reason. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice. Pricing is in AUD inclusive of GST, valid 1 April 2017 – 31st March 2018.
- Smokers please note: TUSA 6 is a non-smoking vessel.