4 Day PADI Open Water Course
What better way to learn to dive than in the clear, warm waters of Australia’s Great Barrier Reef! This 4 Day PADI Open Water course is comprised of two days pool & theory training at a modern training facility, followed by 2 x one day trips onboard Tusa 6 to the Great Barrier Reef. This course will return you to the comforts of your hotel each night, while you experience the best of the outer reef dive sites. And if you have friends or family with you, they can join you on board the Tusa Dive day tour to the reef on the last two days of your course.
- Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays
- 4 Full Days
- Days 1 & 2: Pro Dive Cairns | Days 3 & 4: T6 Cairns’ Great Barrier Reef
- Ability to Swim | Medical Clearance (if required) | Must be over 12 years
- $800 AUD
- Contact Us to book this course
- PADI Open Water Certification
- PADI certification costs, manuals
- Dive Log Book, 2 passport photos
- Return accommodation transfers on days 1 & 2
- All scuba equipment
- 4 Open Water Training dives on board Tusa 6
- 2 Additional pleasure dives on board Tusa 6
- Lunch, morning and afternoon tea (on days 3 + 4 only)
- Days 1 & 2: 8am (approx.) pick up from accommodation. Air-conditioned classroom learning and training sessions in a heated pool during the day. Lunch break provided (lunch is at your own expense). Return to accommodation at approx. 5.30pm.
- Days 3 & 4: 8am depart Cairns’ Marlin Marina on T6 heading for the Outer Great Barrier Reef. Total of 6 dives over 2 days. The first 3 dives (day 3) are training dives. The first dive on day 4 is your final training dive and then 2 pleasure dives as a certified diver. Morning tea and lunch is provided on both days. T6 returns to Cairns at around 4.15pm both days.
- Days 1 & 2: Lunch at your own expense + Dive Medical (if required)
- Days 3 & 4: Transfers from your accommodation to Marlin Marina, Cairns. $15 per person per day for Cairns hotels. $20 per person per day for Northern Beaches hotels.
PRICES: Valid 1 July 2018 – 31 March 2019
- Child Ages: 0-3 years travel free. Child snorkel rate applies to ages 4-16 inclusive. Children must remain under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. A minimum 12 years is required for Introductory Diving and 10 years for Certified Diving. Written parental consent is required. Certified divers aged under 18 must dive with a parent or guardian who is a certified diver.
- Locals Discount: Please call us on 4047 9100 for Locals Deals or enter promo code ‘CNSLOCALS’ when booking online. Locals rates for Cairns locals only. All travellers will be required to show local photo ID on boarding, or you will be charged the difference in price onboard.
- Reef Levy: All prices include a per person Environmental Management Charge that contributes to management and protection of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- Fuel Levy: With the fluctuation of world fuel prices it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge, which would be a pay onboard levy. This website will advise if any charge is applicable with a minimum 7 days notice.
- Cancellations: There is no charge for cancellations with 24 hours notice. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice.
- Conditions: Trips are subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled at the discretion of Tusa Dive. Alternative days or refunds will be offered in the event of cancellations by Tusa Dive, however Tusa Dive reserve the right to use other vessels should Tusa 6 be unavailable for any reason. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice. Pricing is in AUD inclusive of GST, valid 1 July 2018 – 31 March 2019.
- Smokers please note: TUSA 6 is a non-smoking vessel.