Introductory Diving on Cairns Great Barrier Reef
What better place in the world to discover scuba diving, than on the Great Barrier Reef! Choose 1 or 2 dives and get ready for a whole new perspective. No experience necessary with one of our experienced instructors by your side and all tuition is undertaken on board. You do however need to be at least 12 years old, and be able to pass a medical questionnaire when you board the boat in the morning.
After your briefing and once at the reef, you will be diving right off the back of the boat, at the same sites as the certified divers, to a maximum of 12 metres’ depth. You will have the most experienced instructors by your side, and a maximum of three other ‘intro’ divers with you. You can expect your dive to last between 20 and 35 minutes, and give you a whole new perspective of the underwater world!
You’ll have the opportunity to take a second dive at the day’s second reef location, as well as a couple of hours between your dives for snorkelling.
PRICES: Valid 1 April 2020 – 31 March 2021
- Child Ages: 0-3 years travel free. Child snorkel rate applies to ages 4-16 inclusive. Children must remain under the supervision of a parent or guardian at all times. A minimum 12 years is required for Introductory Diving and 10 years for Certified Diving. Written parental consent is required. Certified divers aged under 18 must dive with a parent or guardian who is a certified diver.
- Reef Levy: All prices include a per person Environmental Management Charge that contributes to management and protection of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
- Fuel Levy: With the fluctuation of world fuel prices it may be necessary to apply a fuel surcharge, which would be a pay onboard levy. This website will advise if any charge is applicable with a minimum 7 days notice.
- Cancellations: There is no charge for cancellations with 24 hours notice. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice.
- Conditions: Trips are subject to weather conditions and may be cancelled at the discretion of Tusa Dive. Alternative days or refunds will be offered in the event of cancellations by Tusa Dive, however Tusa Dive reserve the right to use other vessels should Tusa 6 be unavailable for any reason. 100% cancellation fee applies with less than 24 hours notice. Pricing is in AUD inclusive of GST, valid 1 April 2020-31 March 2021.
- Smokers please note: TUSA 6 is a non-smoking vessel.